Unique indices highlight the top countries and metro areas in terms of their outlook for corporate investment
3 May 2021
Is a global economy wrung out from a historic pandemic ready to be refreshed and rejuvenated?
Site Selection’s refreshed Global Best to Invest rankings offer some guideposts for the way back.
First, we present our country rankings by five world regions — in cumulative and per-capita terms — based on the following sources:
- Conway Data Projects Database data 2016-2020
- Milken Institute Global Opportunity Index 2021 (business perception rank and overall rank)
- World Bank Doing Business rankings
- World Economic Forum Global Competitiveness Index
- WEF Economic Transformation Readiness Report 2020
- WEF Global Competitiveness Index time series (most recent five years)
- UN Development Program Human Development Index 2020
- OECD Inward FDI 2019
- Frontier Tech Readiness Index 2021
When the pandemic hit, many organizations switched to full-time remote work and almost immediately there were some unexpected benefits seen around the globe. The lack of commute meant fewer cars on the road, and almost zero business travel meant fewer airplanes in the skies, resulting in cleaner air and far fewer emissions in our...
The world is abundant with many accomplished entrepreneurs, but not all achieve advanced levels of achievement. So, what sets individuals who reach their professional summit apart from those who get stuck in the land of mainstream success? When you look at professionals thriving within their enterprises, you will find certain similarities. They...
DES MOINES – Today, Governor Reynolds announced two Virtual Town Hall meetings to support and inform the Child Care Task Force. On March 10, Governor Reynolds signed Executive Order 8 launching a new Child Care Task Force to develop a comprehensive strategy to address the child care shortage and...